You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Todd Eldredge in Davenport, IA  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Clarice

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 68
Todd Eldredge in Davenport, IA
« on: October 25, 2011, 10:13:35 PM »

CHAMPION SKATER TODD ELDREDGE TO APPEAR
AT RIVER’S EDGE EVENT

The Figure Skating Club of the Quad Cities, the Quad City Symphony Orchestra, and Davenport Parks and Recreation announced today that 1996 World Champion skater Todd Eldredge will attend a “Skate with Todd Eldredge” event at the River’s Edge on Friday, November 18, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.  The public is invited to skate with this Olympic ice skater during Public Skate at the River’ Edge.  Admission cost is $10, and includes 2 hours of ice skating, an opportunity to meet Todd Eldredge, hot chocolate and holiday cookies.  Skate rental is $3.  Partial proceeds will be donated back to support of the arts in our area.

Todd Eldredge will be performing in town as part of Quad City Symphony Orchestra and Quad City Arts Festival of Trees’ Holiday Pops.  Eldredge is the 1996 World Skating Champion, and a six-time National Champion.  This year’s Holiday Pops is at the i-Wireless Center on Saturday, November 19, at 7:30 p.m.  Twelve local skaters will also perform at the concert.  Tickets are now on sale at the i-Wireless Center. 

Anyone with an interest in skating is encouraged to take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity.  The skating event at the River’s Edge, the Holiday Pops, and the Festival of Trees are a great way to open the holiday season here in the Quad Cities.

What :   Skate with Todd Eldredge Event
When:   Friday, November 18, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Where:   The River’s Edge
      700 W River Drive
      Davenport IA

Offline JSM

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 39
Re: Todd Eldredge in Davenport, IA
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 08:38:01 AM »
Thanks for posting!  I used to live in Iowa, and if I still did I would be there in a heartbeat.  Todd Eldredge is a fantastic skater!

Offline Clarice

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 68
Re: Todd Eldredge in Davenport, IA
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 10:14:52 AM »
It's a really fun weekend!  Todd will be rehearsing with the local skaters at about 4 p.m. (rehearsal open to the public), followed by the public "Skate With Todd Eldredge" event.  The next morning features a parade in downtown Davenport, with giant helium balloons, like in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  The weekend kicks off Festival of Trees, which is an exhibit of designer decorated trees, mantlepieces, holiday table settings, gingerbread houses - all kinds of things.  The gala concert is Saturday night, featuring the Quad City Symphony Orchestra, a fantastic adult choir from the 1st Presbyterian Church of Davenport (seriously, they're really good - they borrow lots of arrangements from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir), the Holiday Pops Children's Chorus, jazz trumpeter John Faddis, actor John Getz (The Social Network, Zodiac) narrating "The Night Before Christmas", our local club skaters, and, of course, Todd as the featured soloist.  The whole thing helps support Quad City Arts, which helps fund all kinds of artistic endeavors in our community.  Come ring in the holiday season with us!