You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: She passed!  (Read 3397 times)

Offline jumpingbeansmom

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 60
She passed!
« on: May 23, 2011, 11:16:36 AM »
Intermediate Moves is now behind her and Novice Moves it next!

It was a tough judging panel with a number of skaters not passing and quite a few reskates of elements (my dd didn't have to reskate anything)...but what disparate judging!

One judge passed her +.4, one judge passed her RIGHT at the 16 points needed and one judge failed her -.4 all looking at the same exact test.    The comments were all over the place too....    :o

The important thing I guess is two judges passed her!

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
Re: She passed!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 12:08:45 PM »
Awesome! My dd hasn't had to take a test with  judges yet, but her pre-kuv moves test is next and will be a 3 judge panel of coarse. :) Curious... since the one judge gave her +4 did that help her pass or do you just need 2 judges to agree that she passed?

Congrats to your daughter!

Offline jumpingbeansmom

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 12:18:16 PM »
Curious... since the one judge gave her +4 did that help her pass or do you just need 2 judges to agree that she passed?

No, it doesn't help at all.   Two judges have to pass them.   Getting + on one element (by the same judge) can help if you get - in another though.

Offline techskater

• Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 64
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 07:55:02 PM »
Awesome! My dd hasn't had to take a test with  judges yet, but her pre-kuv moves test is next and will be a 3 judge panel of coarse. :) Curious... since the one judge gave her +4 did that help her pass or do you just need 2 judges to agree that she passed?

Congrats to your daughter!

If your daughter is on Prejuv moves, she's already taken 2 moves tests with judges, even if it was only one judge. 

Each judge is "independent" and you need majority agreement.  Basically, if one judge passes a skater over 0.4 and each of the other two retry it at 0.2, the skater gets a retry

Offline momtovanan

• Ice Warrior
  • Total GOE: 3
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 08:12:51 PM »
Congratulations to your daughter! It is a big accomplishment.

Offline dak_rbb

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 2
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 12:28:55 AM »
Congratulations!  My daughter is working on Intermediate, but based on tonight's practice it's going to be awhile before she tests.  :)

Offline jumpingbeansmom

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 09:45:26 AM »
Congratulations!  My daughter is working on Intermediate, but based on tonight's practice it's going to be awhile before she tests.  :)

It is NOT an easy test!

Offline skatingmum2

• Homologating Quadrubles
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 10:04:51 AM »
Well done!

Hopefully she is putting up her feet and resting now. (Plus ice and all the rest....)

Its great being ahead on field moves as so much less pressure on all the other tests.
My child is one of those strange ones that loves fields moves - but - given that she gets injuries from time to time they're also a great way to work back up to fitness.

Offline jumpingbeansmom

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 10:11:38 AM »
Well done!

Hopefully she is putting up her feet and resting now. (Plus ice and all the rest....)

Its great being ahead on field moves as so much less pressure on all the other tests.
My child is one of those strange ones that loves fields moves - but - given that she gets injuries from time to time they're also a great way to work back up to fitness.

I find my dd hating them LESS, but I am not sure it has rised to 'liking' them-- LOL.   She is resting, and the groin is already feeling better as she hasn't been jumping in a few days even when she was skating (working on the test)

Offline isakswings

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 03:10:39 PM »
If your daughter is on Prejuv moves, she's already taken 2 moves tests with judges, even if it was only one judge. 

Each judge is "independent" and you need majority agreement.  Basically, if one judge passes a skater over 0.4 and each of the other two retry it at 0.2, the skater gets a retry

Yes, I am aware she has had on judge already for each of th three tests she has already taken(pre-pre moves and free and prelim moves). I just didn't know how it worked with 3 judges and since the OP's daughter had a -.04 and a +.04 I didn't know if that made a difference or not. I understand the majority thing as well now. Thanks! :)

Offline isakswings

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 03:13:16 PM »

I went back and read my reply! Now I see why you said what you said! LOL. I forgot to type 3 before "judges". OOPPS. I can see why it would seem I didn't think she had skated in front of a judge before. lol

Offline skatingmum2

• Homologating Quadrubles
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 04:13:55 PM »
Maybe she'll be liking... or even loving them soon....(My daughter seriously loves them now).

As for jumping and stuff - just had my daughter off for a few days with sore landing knee - but - that happened during an over enthusiastic off ice - held outside on concrete! (Knee feels fine now but sports physio appointment tomorrow - just because I'm neurotic forever now).

Offline jumpingbeansmom

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 04:57:24 PM »
Maybe she'll be liking... or even loving them soon....(My daughter seriously loves them now).

As for jumping and stuff - just had my daughter off for a few days with sore landing knee - but - that happened during an over enthusiastic off ice - held outside on concrete! (Knee feels fine now but sports physio appointment tomorrow - just because I'm neurotic forever now).

My dd's last injury happened in off ice too...sigh