You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: I am happy to report that my 10 year old daughter got her highest score ever  (Read 1856 times)

Offline jumpingbeansmom

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 60
this weekend in Juvenile FS.   This is her first full year doing Juvenile level, and she was struggling with double sal this time last year!   She got 33 points, and even more important had no < or < or E on her protocols for either Juv or her intermediate Short program.   She is on her way!!! :D

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
Good for her! I know nothing about IJS, so a lot of your post I don't quite understand. LOL! However, good for her! it is great she has improved so much! We're hoping now that dd's puberty is slowing down some, she can get back on track. That has really thrown her off this last year. Plus, this summer she is doing 2 hours of strength training a week in addition to another hour of pointe for figure skaters. Hopefully all of that will help her too!

Anyway, this is suppose to be about your daughter, not mine, so congrats to her! Her hard work is paying off!

Offline jumpingbeansmom

Good for her! I know nothing about IJS, so a lot of your post I don't quite understand. LOL! However, good for her! it is great she has improved so much! We're hoping now that dd's puberty is slowing down some, she can get back on track. That has really thrown her off this last year. Plus, this summer she is doing 2 hours of strength training a week in addition to another hour of pointe for figure skaters. Hopefully all of that will help her too!

Anyway, this is suppose to be about your daughter, not mine, so congrats to her! Her hard work is paying off!

Thanks, mine hasn't hit puberty, but she grew 4 inches in the past 16 months (not helpful!)--  < next to an element means under rotated, << means so underrotated it doesn't even count as a double,  and E means edge violation.

Offline jumpingbeansmom

Oh, and the music person messed up her music both times-- the first time, they had the discs mixed up (they TOLD us to turn in both and yes they were labeled correctly).   The second time, they started the disc at the end 2x before finally backing it up to the beginning so she could actually start. 

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
Thanks, mine hasn't hit puberty, but she grew 4 inches in the past 16 months (not helpful!)--  < next to an element means under rotated, << means so underrotated it doesn't even count as a double,  and E means edge violation.

Yup... mine grew 3 in in a 6 month period and gained about 20 pounds over the course of the year. She's grown another inch recently and honestly the poor child is just beside herself. Had to relearn her axel and some days can't jump worth beans. LOL! Coach is working on increasing her jump height as well as many other things. :) She loves to skate. she can't skate much the next 2 weeks due to play rehersal and she is bummed!

anyway, glad your daughter is improving! Good for her!

Offline twirly~girls~mom

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 3
That is great!  I bet she was very excited! I know mine was so excited when those pesky arrow signs stopped showing up so much on her protocol sheets! It's one of the reasons I do like IJS...they can see small improvements even if the overall placement isn't quite what they were hoping for.  I much prefer IJS to 6.0 even with its flaws.

Congrats to your daughter!!!