You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Lucky Lace Pins  (Read 1261 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Lucky Lace Pins
« on: March 17, 2011, 01:50:13 PM »
The discussions about putting crystals on blades, etc. made me remember something.

I don't know how it started, but there was a craft/gift that we exchanged during the season among the skaters.  (Back in those bone-blade days.)  It might have been a girl scout craft - my niece still makes beautiful beaded safety-pin bracelets and jewelry.

We took an ordinary safety pin, threaded on some seed beads, then closed the clasp to hold them in place.
You would thread this over the bottom lace loop of your skate.  (Or, you could carefully put the open pin around the lace and then secure the clasp.)

It was cute to see, small and discreet.  You could take it off whenever you needed to very easily.  OR, you could just turn it upside down and tuck it out of site during competitions when the ref checked to see that laces were tied and tucked. 

They were tokens of good luck wishes, friendship or team spirit.  They cost next to nothing to make.

Might be a nice Club or Synchro activity.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright