You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Synchro Tips  (Read 1922 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Synchro Tips
« on: March 13, 2011, 11:06:36 AM »
I mentioned in another thread that I write the skater's name on the bottom of their blade plates using permanent marker.  We once had a disastrous screwup when the team was being raced out of a shared locker room.  Three pairs of skates were mixed up in different skaters' zuca bags and when we returned to our home rink, they were short one skate.  "Tagging" each skate has eliminated that problem.

Anyone have other tips for keeping track of equipment, caring for costumes, dealing with sixteen different lipsticks?
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline LilJen

• Doing the Fiesta Tangle!
  • Total GOE: 56
Re: Synchro Tips
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 12:10:41 PM »
OY!! That sounds like a nightmare!

We have a "synchro box" with stuff like makeup, Static Guard, hairspray, barrettes, safety pins, etc that stays with one team member. We typically have just one lipstick & eye makeup that everyone uses (everyone uses brand new clean makeup applicators).

I must say I really HATE being raced out of a shared locker room, but it's one of those things that's kind of unavoidable at busy synchro competitions.

Offline Schmeck

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 13
Re: Synchro Tips
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 06:52:44 AM »
All 3 of my daughter's synchro teams would label all costumes, hangers, and makeup with each girl's name for us, before the girls even laid eyes on the stuff.  We always had a costume/makeup manager, and a chaperone that was responsible for being the last person out of the locker room.  That chaperone was given a bag to throw all the forgotten bits into, and the girls were given a dressing down afterwards when the missing parts were returned to the proper owner.  It was a bit scary sometimes  :o  :D

Preprinted address labels, or those ptouch thingies, come in handy for synchro, and we've used the strategies we've learned at synchro for my younger daughter's dance competitions.