You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: A question about Pairs or Ice-Dance Teams.  (Read 1787 times)

Offline FSWer

• Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 1
A question about Pairs or Ice-Dance Teams.
« on: October 09, 2010, 09:24:04 PM »
Ok...I was wondering if somebody knew the answer to this. When a Pair or Ice-Dance Team get's married and the girl takes the man's last name...does anyone know how there refered to in Competition? Do they STILL call the Team by the origanal 2 last names? Or is the girls last name changed in Competition when they introduce them?

Offline Clarice

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 68
Re: A question about Pairs or Ice-Dance Teams.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 10:01:01 PM »
I think it's up to the skaters which way they would want to do it.  A lot of women performers, be they skaters or actors or musicians, keep the name they first become known by.  For instance, the actress Demi Moore took her first husband's name before she became famous.  She kept it even after they got divorced, and after she married Bruce Willis, and then Ashton Kutcher, because that's the name she uses professionally.  It's also possible to use one name professionally, but a different one in your private life.  I know a singer who went by "Miss F" (I don't want to write her real name here) professionally, but used "Mrs. M" at places like her kids' school.