You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Ilia and Katia at Kulik's Skating  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Willowway

• Zamboni Driver
  • Total GOE: 10
Ilia and Katia at Kulik's Skating
« on: September 06, 2012, 06:25:06 PM »
Kulik's Skating, Ilia's new training rink in Lake Forest, CA is open. It has been in the works for a while - building renovations and all that - but it's up, running and he's happy working on his own ice.  You can read about the philosophy and the program that he has created on the new website   www.kuliksskating.com  Katia is of course a partner in the team! She is specializing in the Learn to Skate group - can you imagine learning to stroke from Katia Gordeeva or your first waltz jump from Ilia Kulik? He has been talking about this for several years, it really is his dream come to life.

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
Re: Ilia and Katia at Kulik's Skating
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 12:20:27 AM »
...can you imagine learning to stroke from Katia Gordeeva or your first waltz jump from Ilia Kulik?

Thanks for sharing, Willowway! This was discussed in "skating with a star" thread and several of us went  :worthy: :stars: :encore

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
Re: Ilia and Katia at Kulik's Skating
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 04:35:02 AM »
$30 per 15 minutes for a private lesson with Ilia or Katia?

EDIT: Oops, I forgot -- my coach before used to charge $60 per hour, while Ilia and Katia are charging $120 per hour -- which, if I'm not wrong, is a good price, but not cheap. :)