You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Saint Louis  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Kim to the Max

• Ice is the Vice
  • Total GOE: 72
Saint Louis
« on: July 20, 2012, 11:25:41 PM »
I was wondering if anyone skates in the Saint Louis area and can recommend a rink with early morning ice. I am quite suddenly needing to go there for work to help a property within my company that just suffered a major fire and the 3rd and 4th floors collapsed (if you are ther it is 3949 Lindell). My boss will have a rental car and while I know we will be quite busy, this is a sudden trip (I just found out around 4pm today) and I will be missing my lesson and a lot of practice time. Plus I was away 2 weeks ago for a conference in California. I am trying to determine if I want to try testing Senior moves in August and was just in the process of making corrections and don't want to lose that. So, if there is a rink near the Hampton Inn downtown at the arch, with morning ice that is empty-ish, I would be grateful.

Offline TDL

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 18
Re: Saint Louis
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 08:54:21 AM »
There is a rink in Brentwood, about 20 minutes from downtown  (take 40 west) with early morning freestyle sessions.

Their schedule is on their website.

Hope you enjoy your time in St. Louis. 

Offline Orianna2000

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 22
    • Yesterday's Thimble
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 11:59:45 AM »
I haven't been to any of the rinks personally, but I think there's four or five of them in St. Louis. A couple are outdoors, so they're not open in the summer, but there should be at least three other rinks somewhere in the city. There's a good skate shop, too--Go Figure. You could try a Google search for the various rinks' websites and check their schedules to see if they have morning Freestyle sessions. I hope you find what you're looking for!

Offline Purple Sparkly

• CER-A
  • Compulsory Figures
  • Total GOE: 65
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 03:19:51 PM »
My friend lives in St Louis and she would not recommend Go Figure for anything important like fittings or sharpenings.