You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Skating is soooo frustrating  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Neverdull44

• Making the Ice Cake
  • Total GOE: 120
Skating is soooo frustrating
« on: April 03, 2014, 04:32:37 PM »
I'm in a frustrated mood.  Frustrated!

If I take any time off from skating, even four or five days, I lose my flip and lutz jumps!  And, I lose these jumps for a few weeks.  First they return with me landing backwards and then finally I land the jump.  I've been "groundhog jump" thing over & over & over for the past 12 months.  Right now, I am in content for an award for the highest, flowing HALF flip jump ever.  I am tinkering with everything on the jump take-off, but still am half jumping it.  I land forward on my landling leg, and do a three turn.  Same thing with my lutz jump.   This is going to go on for a week, two, or even three.   Halfed, landing on landing leg & doing a three turn.  Tomorrow is another day.  Just frustrated at the lack of progress.  GRRRRR.  These jumps were so easy in my 20s.   GRRRRRRR.  My New Year's Resolution, to skate so much that I get these two jumps solid.

Offline Meli

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 25
Re: Skating is soooo frustrating
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 08:51:46 PM »
I can totally relate.  My hubby doesn't understand why I get nutty when I don't hit the ice for a bit, but it's total fear of losing skills.  They disappear so quickly!

I've been off ice for a week, and won't be able to skate until Sunday, so I am dreading the fallout.

Offline PhysicsOnIce

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 292
Re: Skating is soooo frustrating
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 07:55:48 AM »
If you are able, ie not off ice due to medical reasons,  off ice rotational jump will help with maintaining your jump awareness and regain them much quicker.

Don't get too frustrated, if you are not enjoying yourself you are going to start psyching yourself out.
Let your heart and soul guide your blades