You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: First Competition Costume/Dress?- Level Basics Skills 2  (Read 1190 times)

Offline lovemyskater

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 1
First Competition Costume/Dress?- Level Basics Skills 2
« on: February 08, 2014, 01:38:28 PM »
My Skater (DD, 8) has been asking to do a competition since her first lesson.  Well there is a club competition in March, and her coach says that she is ready and should be able to compete. Eek! I am not sure I AM ready for that! But she's been on the ice for 2 hours 3 times a week, and is working on Basic Skills 3 elements.

Now I get to scramble to get fabric in and make her costume/dress.  She loves the sparkle (as would any 8 yr old) but I don't want to give in and put too much on there.  I am thinking just a small about of sparkle (sequins?) across the chest and around to the back.  Or is more expected? 
We are a new skating family, DD, 8, fell in love during holiday school.

Offline PrettySk8Dress

• Twin Tails SilverGray
  • Zamboni Driver
  • Total GOE: 8
  • Adult Ice Dancer / USFS Pre-Sil & ISI Dance 6
    • Ponytails' Website ( I am Xylo,TheCarouselPony )
Re: First Competition Costume/Dress?- Level Basics Skills 2
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 03:36:08 PM »
I would suggest something like this in her favorite color. Long sleeves for warmth (for a little girl, forget the bare shoulders and arms that make it look like a swimdress ), lovely but not to fancy, plus with sequins or an applique on the bust. Very cute without being stunning or inappropriate for her age.

" Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope to draw strength from ...."

I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail.
When I transform and take the ice, I shout," TAILS ON " !