You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Change of website for Piney Orchard Ice Arena, Odenton, MD  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
Change of website for Piney Orchard Ice Arena, Odenton, MD
« on: April 13, 2019, 02:40:41 AM »
The old website for Piney Orchard Ice Arena, in Odenton, MD

http://www.frontline-connect.com/defaultpage.cfm?fac=Piney&facid=1

has been taken over by another rink, ProtecHockey Ponds Ice Center, in Somerset, NJ.

For some reason, they have placed a big Piney Orchard logo at the top of their page.

The new Piney Orchard website is
  https://www.pineyicerink.com

Presumably, Piney Orchard skaters already know that, or don't care.

But when Bowie Ice Arena closes at the end of April, Bowie skaters often move to Piney. Some of their bookmarks will stop working.

Offline tstop4me

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 196
  • Conserve Angular Momentum
Re: Change of website for Piney Orchard Ice Arena, Odenton, MD
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 08:13:20 PM »
That's bizarre.  Protec is a rink I skate at occasionally.  I have a feeling this is a server error.  Protec has the same registration page with their own logo:  http://protec.frontline-connect.com/defaultpage.cfm?facid=1&1 .

Offline lutefisk

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 153
    • On Thin Ice
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 10:33:16 AM »
When I click on the first link it takes me to the old Piney web site.  I looked to see what the URL for Piney is that I have had bookmarked for several years and it appears to be the same as the frontline URL.  So this it's not a new development.  The new site for Piney is noteworthy.  No doubt the old site will soon come down, perhaps with a link taking one to the new site after a few seconds.  I only skate at Piney when Bowie is closed or if there's a test session there.  It'll be interesting to see what happens to Piney's scheduling once their new, second, rink comes on-line.  Hopefully there will be more Public sessions and more free-style sessions at times which will better serve working adults, ie: late afternoons/early evenings.

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 06:29:03 PM »
When I click on the first link it takes me to the old Piney web site.

I guess we are using different browsers, add-ons, or extensions, or are in a different mode. I think most informational business websites should use very simple HTML code that works the same on virtually all browsers. K.I.S.S. But some people disagree.