You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Video Montage Idea  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Neverdull44

• Making the Ice Cake
  • Total GOE: 120
Video Montage Idea
« on: November 26, 2014, 06:19:47 PM »
I thought it would be a great idea to make a video.   It would be different freestyle moves, but done by different levels of skaters.   Something showing the progression of say; stroking, crossovers, bunny hops, waltz jumps, salchow jumps, loop jumps,  . . . .two foot spins, one foot spins, scratch spins, sit spins, camel spins, flying camels.  Then, show the skater's age, years skating, and times skated per week in the caption.     Yes, even have a high level skater demonstrate their version of these basic moves with some explanation of what makes the better skater perfection of the move.     I think this video would be good for skating spectators to help understand the commitment and continued perfection of the basic moves that all skaters continually work on.   

Offline twinskaters

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 9
Re: Video Montage Idea
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 08:37:10 AM »
That's a pretty cool idea! I think it would be a good training tool for kids like mine, who haven't quite figured out yet that there's being able to do a waltz jump and being able to do a waltz jump WELL and what the difference is.

Offline DressmakingMomma

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 24
Re: Video Montage Idea
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 07:55:56 PM »
I love this idea - especially included things like number of years skating and hours per week to put things into perspective.