You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Belati Skates  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Kaitsu

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 44
Belati Skates
« on: September 09, 2023, 11:15:13 AM »
I didn't know this boot brand until one skater purchased them from London and I mounted blades on them. If you want something what most of the people does not have, this might be option.
https://belatiskates.com/

Offline Nate

• BladeLock
  • Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 22
  • #AdultSkate
Re: Belati Skates
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 05:02:01 PM »
They look like Risports with an SP-Teri toe box...

I've never seen them before.

The designs are atrocious, though (personal opinion).

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 03:44:53 PM »
AFAICT, you can order size by overall size (length), but not width(s). And there is no obvious way to compare their "stiffness index" to that of other brands. The online info does not appear to mention custom boots.

So unless I could verify that a particular pair fit me well, and has the support I need, I personally wouldn't order them.

Also, it looks like they have about the same width throughout most of the skate, and I think relative thin, though they do get somewhat thinner at the toe  (i.e., a classic "Italian Last" boot) - which would fit some people, not others, and certainly not me - but it is hard to tell exactly from the pictures.

I am curious though - did they seem of good quality? Is the particular skater seem happy with them? I guess that is what matters most.

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 05:18:06 PM »
I maybe shouldn't have said part of what I said above. I only glanced at the website. I did not talk to the store, which would cost me money because of its location. Perhaps they do build custom skates for other foot shapes? And maybe they or their retailers could provide stiffness comparisons with other brands and models?

Offline AlbaNY

• Chock Full of Lilty Goodness
  • Total GOE: 129
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 11:59:12 AM »
Oof, interesting, but not my cup of tea in the looks and materials department.  That is aside from the water lily model.  That’s actually pretty cool in white.

I’m with Query regarding the sizing and stiffness. 

Due to the looks I would try those on if there was a store near me carrying them and the price was lower, but the water lily appears to be nearly $800.  Ouch.  They do offer leather, but only in the tan which I find super hideous.   :D
https://www.shopsk8gear.com/product-page/belati-ninfea-ice-inline-artistic-boot