You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Any of you embellished or painted your skates in any way?  (Read 2031 times)

Offline princesshockey

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 0
Any of you embellished or painted your skates in any way?
« on: March 05, 2018, 03:48:37 PM »
I was just wondering if any of you had ever embellished or painted your skates in any way?   I was tempted by those custom skates but I'm still new to the sport so I wasn't ready to shell out the cash yet until I figure out what I like in a skate.

I just changed my laces from white to black and I love the constrast look.  I was thinking about painting the base of the skate black to match maybe or maybe even a few black rhinestones on the heel after I paint it.

I looked on pinterest and pretty much only found painted figure skates that were used as decoration...not to actually skate in.   I know I can get boot covers....I don't like fussing with them much day to day.   I'm not planning on seriously competing at any point so I don't think having non traditional skates is going to be an issue for me.   

Would love to see pictures of your skates if you've done anything to personalize them!  Funky laces or fancy blades..show me what you've got :)

Offline Bill_S

• Over the Edge
  • Total GOE: 370
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
Re: Any of you embellished or painted your skates in any way?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 03:57:40 PM »
I haven't, although sometimes I want medium gray laces against my black boots to be able to see them better.

While you are pondering colors, don't forget that Paramount skate blades have some color options...

https://www.paramountskates.com/blade-colors
Bill Schneider

Offline princesshockey

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 04:09:05 PM »
I haven't, although sometimes I want medium gray laces against my black boots to be able to see them better.

While you are pondering colors, don't forget that Paramount skate blades have some color options...

https://www.paramountskates.com/blade-colors

Oh wow I LOVE those!  Those are going on the wishlist...just gotta learn more about what kind of blade I'd want to go with!  I have Jackson Freestyles with Aspire XP blades as my first skates (I transitioned over from hockey skating, so I'm still learning about these kinds of skates)

Offline Bill_S

• Over the Edge
  • Total GOE: 370
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 04:39:40 PM »
Here's one more page to look at for custom leather colors for Riedell boots...

https://ice.riedellskates.com/custom

I didn't read on about which level skates to which this would apply, but you can dig around further if you are interested.
Bill Schneider

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 03:15:00 PM »
I really enjoyed paramounts when I was on them (switched to MK Dance). Their custom coloring is super fun and I got tons of compliments on my purple fade blades.

I'm currently in Edea Flamencos, and I HATED the heel color. It is like a light poop brown. A bit darker would have been nice. But I love the champagne heel on their other boots, so I painted mine with nail polish to a rose gold. It's just subtle enough but still fun. :)

Offline tothepointe

• Dust Bunny Hopping
  • Total GOE: 5
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 03:09:25 PM »
I have rhinestones on the stitching of the backstrap of the boot.