You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Figure skating of today...thoughts?  (Read 10312 times)

Offline Doubletoe

• Three-Penny Three-Turns
  • Total GOE: 139
Re: Figure skating of today...thoughts?
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 05:39:47 PM »
No offence taken at all.  My mom once had someone comment to her how he liked our programs because we always managed to stay away from creating an "uncomfortable" feeling with our programs. 

I just wanted to make the point that it's all about acting.  I know lots of people assume teams are romantically linked but it's no different than a leading actress and her leading man in my mind.

Since this thread is about skating of today I do think that especially in ice dance there is more of a tendency to tell a story.  I think back in the day it was a bit more about just skating and showing your skating skills rather than telling a story of some sort.

Yes, it *is* all about acting.  The problem is that when people know that a pair or ice dance couple are brother and sister, there's a big "Eww!" factor if they play the part of a romantic couple.  It doesn't make them any less good; it just limits the types of characters they can play and emotions they can express.