You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Group coach appreciation  (Read 1452 times)

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
Group coach appreciation
« on: November 01, 2012, 12:07:22 AM »
Tonight after the group lesson we skaters were chatting how lucky we are to get two excellent coaches who alternate to teach this class. Coaches who actually know how to teach, put their heart into the lesson, and care for each skater's development. Being held on the studio rink is a pity, but the quality coaching completely compensated it.

Fellow skater took lessons from many rinks and thought this class is the best he has had. I said if he writes a letter of compliment, we should all sign it. Everyone laughed and agreed. So hopefully a letter will go the skating director / rink manager to express how much we appreciate our group coaches.

Many members on this board teach groups. What would be other ways to acknowledge your great work? :D

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
Re: Group coach appreciation
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 07:37:05 AM »
I taught snowplow at my old rink and I loved whenever a parent would come up and said my daughter/son just loves your class. They didn't want to leave! :)

I also worked a full time job that occasionally got in the way of me teaching my class (which was unfortunate because another girl started teaching a dance class and managed to leave on time every week where I was stuck through when I had to teach at least 7 times during my job there) and thankfully I team coaches the class and I would run into my co coach the next day and she's tell me all the students asked where I was and missed me. :)

Offline Clarice

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 68
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 08:38:54 AM »
I still have a crayon picture of a rainbow-striped skate that a group class student drew for me two years ago stuck to my office door at work!

Offline blue111moon

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 34
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 08:54:38 AM »
Just telling me that you or your child has fun and likes skating is enough for me (although it never hurts to tell my boss, the program director, how great you think I am  :D ).

Sometimes I get gifts at the end of a season.  Two children always bring cookies they've baked with their mom as thank-yous to the coaches.  One parent noticed that I always come in with a coffe cup and gives me Dunkin Donuts gift cards every so often, which are much appreciated on cold evenings. When I was out for a couple sessions with foot surgery, one of my classes sent me get-well cards, which was very nice.

Offline Rachelsk8s

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 23
  • I'm probably skating......
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 12:35:57 PM »
I think when a parent tells me how much their daughter/son enjoys my class and wants to sign up for the next session with me is one of the best things I can hear :) I have a letter from one of my long time students who missed me when I was out during a Sunday class as I was at a wedding, I still have it!!