You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Getting the bad blood out of your system?  (Read 5977 times)

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
Re: Getting the bad blood out of your system?
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2012, 06:18:20 PM »
My bronze FS test program felt terrific on the choreo session, which gave me high hopes. Two days later I had disappointing run throughs that will likely not pass. Guess I'll have to accept there will be ups and downs going into the test, and just take it easy...

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »
Guess I'll have to accept there will be ups and downs going into the test, and just take it easy...

Yes, I was shocked at how nervous I was for my tests even considering such a relaxed environment and how much it actually effected my performance.  I've already committed to doing my bronze FS and my silver moves at our club's next test session (whenever that may be), and I even told my coach I won't be too shocked or disappointed to get a retry on both because of nerves, but I want to at least get them out there and see how I do.

Based on what I've seen of your skating we should both have "easy" passes on the bronze FS, but once you add nerves into the mix, anything could happen!  I also hope to do at least a couple of competitions this fall just to get more comfortable with performing the program under pressure.

Offline RosiePosie.iskates

• Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 37
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2012, 07:48:45 PM »
I totally believe in getting the, "Bad Blood"out of your system! Though I didn't know that it was called that....odd name
 Every competition warmup I have I get so shaky and fall half a dozen times on most of my elements. I think that is enough to shake me up and make me calm down, so I skate a clean program like my warmup never happened.  Wierd....
Don't practice it until you don't do it wrong, practice until you can't do it wrong.

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2012, 08:07:30 PM »
I think I made up that term lol. Maybe more like getting the bad skate out :)