You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: What would your dream book to track skating/progress/goals look like?  (Read 4054 times)

Offline rd350

• Glides at Will
  • Total GOE: 8
Hi all,

What would your dream book to track your skating/prgoress/goals look like?

What components would you have?

Pages for progress?

Pages for goals?  Time increments for goals?  Weeks?  Months?  Other?

Test pages?

Other pages?

Other things you would want it to track or include?

Working on Silver MITF and Bronze Freestyle

Offline littlerain

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
Re: What would your dream book to track skating/progress/goals look like?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 12:50:51 AM »
I love this idea! Did you ever make a book to track your skating? @rd350

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ethereal Ice

• Prerotation Society
  • Total GOE: 13
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 06:16:25 AM »
Ugh. This subject is driving me bananas. I carry a small notebook with me to the rink and when you flip each page it has a small calender for the week on one side and space for notes on the other side. Perfect,I thought. Not so much. The calender side is too tiny to write much that is recognizable and the note side filled up so rapidly I am about three weeks ahead with the note sides filled out. I use index cards to remind me of current elements, warm ups, sequences and stuck that in the notebook as well, but they are not easy to access I had to clip them in to keep them from falling out... then I have a larger notebook I write in at home and more index cards....I am a mess.

I think the dream book for me would have a section at the start of each month to write current on and off ice warm ups, practice elements,and goals. Then a weekly layout to document lessons, skating sessions, and goals or achievements, off ice workouts,  large enough to actually write in, along with a blank notes section to write tips and practice stuff learned. Maybe the days of the week could take up two pages and the notes section two pages. In other words, kind of like my current practice book but with more room and storage week/month sections.

I still kind of like my index cards for quick reference, a ring holder for card covers would be cool as a quick reference flip for different things.

Offline rd350

• Glides at Will
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 09:24:40 PM »
I'm still working on this!

I saw something interesting earlier.  A little odd at first but customizable.  http://bulletjournal.com/

Offline littlerain

• On the Edge
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 11:18:33 AM »
I'm still working on this!

I saw something interesting earlier.  A little odd at first but customizable.  http://bulletjournal.com/

I was totally thinking bullet journal and different planner layouts could work for this!!  I suddenly have become obsessed with planners and bullet journaling this summer - been watching a lot of YouTube. Lol! I'll be curious to see what you come up with.

Now I really need to start skating again!

Offline rd350

• Glides at Will
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 12:18:57 PM »
Bullet journaling is interesting.  Seems a bit complicated at first.  I am going to play around with it.

You stopped skating @littlerain?

Offline littlerain

• On the Edge
What would your dream book to track skating/progress/goals look like?
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 07:27:25 PM »
You should also look up fitness planners and see how people set things up. That may give you some ideas?

I just got so busy I didn't have time (was working a second job for a bit) and then just haven't picked it up again. Sad times. I do want to start again and I'm thinking I'll sign up for the next group session and go from there?