You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Adult Skaters -- when did you stop feeling wobbly?  (Read 11417 times)

Offline Weeze

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 0
Re: Adult Skaters -- when did you stop feeling wobbly?
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 06:12:08 PM »
BTW, did 'bend the knees' work out for you? After a while you'll get a sense of how much knee bend you'll really need (your group coach will be able to help), by my finding was group coaches never emphasized it enough, nor did they stay on top of it. The suggestions I made may be a little exaggerated, but I assure you, you will find that initially you'll have to put your mind to it or your legs will go back to being just flexed. Coaches don't show much knee bend as you'd expect, but they're not in the learning phase.

does that mean that eventually you don't have to bend so low?  when i watch other (good) skaters it's like they're almost upright.
Weeze

Offline icedancer

• Custom Skates
  • Total GOE: 143
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 06:14:47 PM »
If you watch the good skaters their knees are bent but their upper body is upright.

The more you bend the better generally.  Rising and falling in the knees is the way to go but it is totally acquired through... skating - and learning to skate.

Are you taking lessons?  I would recommend it for full skating pleasure!
 :)

Offline Weeze

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 05:31:14 PM »
I started with group beginner lessons and have had 2 private lessons with 2 different people.

Tomorrow I start with a new coach with whom I have a feeling I will have a long alliance.

Weeze