You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Finally Ordered New Skates!!  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Kim to the Max

• Ice is the Vice
  • Total GOE: 72
Finally Ordered New Skates!!
« on: February 12, 2012, 08:17:19 AM »
I finally ordered my new boots and blades. I knew this was coming and the last time I got my skates sharpened, the sharpener commented that my blades (and boots) were a little "sad"...to which I replied that they were simply well loved! I just had to get the money together (some things had come up and I had to use my reserves on car stuff) and then also had to get through competitions as well as our upcoming show at the end of March (that is going to be such a stretch!).

I ordered the same boots as I have had - Harlick Finalists with the flex notch. I measured down a width, which I had figured because this pair are a C and I have lost a lot of weight, plus, when I wear this current pair, I can feel that they are a little bigger than I would like (not horrible, but just enough...but I also like my skates really snug). One foot initially measured as a B and one as a C, then she remeasured and figured that she didn't measure right, so back down to a B! I'm happy about this because it is yet another positive from all of my work to lose weight!

I ordered Paramount blades in the Pattern 99 profile. I've been in Patterns for the past 4 years or so, but since my boots tend to be heavier and I don't necessarily want to go to a lightweight boot (I trust what I have and don't want to screw with it), so I wanted to get a lightweight blade. Plus, I got hot pink just because I can :)

As much as I hate breaking in new boots, I am happy that I am getting new skates...I need them!

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
Re: Finally Ordered New Skates!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 09:03:43 AM »
Nice! Am looking at replacing my skates as well. How long did it take before you broke down your previous skates?

Offline Kim to the Max

• Ice is the Vice
  • Total GOE: 72
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 09:16:58 AM »
I have had these boots for a little over 2 years now :) Thank goodness it wasn't 18 months like some of my previous pairs!!

Offline icesk8r725

• Designated Spinner
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 08:34:15 PM »
Congrats! I have had my boots for about 4 years (there were month long stretches i barely skated because of school/illness) and they are still not broken down... but my feet want new ones!  not sure what i am going to do... it is always so hard to decide these things!  my ankles are drastically different sizes so i know i need at least a semi-custom boot... :/  Let us know how you like your new skates!

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 08:58:07 PM »
I love new skates!!  Congrats and enjoy!
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com