You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Canadian Skating Competitions  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Pandora

• Axelicious!
  • Total GOE: 3
Canadian Skating Competitions
« on: March 24, 2019, 04:56:40 PM »
I was wondering if any Canadian Adult Skaters are on this board and can ansewer some questions. I live in upstate NY near the border and would like to compete in Canadian Competitions in Ontario at the Adult Gold Level. (I am a USFS Adult Gold Level Skater). It looks like USFS skaters are welcome, but adult skaters at this level are only allowed at a few competitions (3 Super Series Events).

From skateontario.org: "Adult-Singles, Pair and Ice DanceAdult singles, pair and ice dance will be available in the 2018-19 season at three of the Super Series events. Review the Super Series dates to see the event locations which will contain these categories. The 2018-19 season will also see theSkate Ontario Adult Championshipevent back into the calendar for March 29-31.This event will include all adult disciplines, including synchro.Skate Ontario is committed to conducting a full competition review of Adult events in 2018-2019 as we continue to gather the required data through the 2017-2018 season. Based on this review appropriate changes will be made to Adult events."

I am confused.  ??? Does this mean there are only 3 Competitons right now that allow adult skaters at the Gold level to compete? Or am I missing something? (I'm thinking that is probably the case.)  :blush: