You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Should I quit skating?  (Read 9115 times)

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: Should I quit skating?
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 10:46:21 AM »
Good to hear!

@Loops, to your comment about just stroking feeling great I want to retell a little story.  I was doing a Black Diamond class last summer and after our on ice lesson we had half the rink for practice and there was one of the more senior coaches arm in arm with a gentleman that looked to be at least in his 80's and he looked to be Parkinsonian.  The coach was literally just gliding him around the ice!  It so touched me and I thought I hope someone does that for me one day if I can't do it myself!  They guy's skates were pro.  He looked familiar but I don't know who he was.  It was just so lovely.

There's a VA hospital near the rink where I skate. When I go to the VA for my semiannual appointments, I've often thought that when I retire it might be worth trying ice skating as a therapy for some injuries.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline Bunny Hop

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 37
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 12:53:20 AM »
I go through a stage every few months where I wonder if I should quit. Usual reasons - slow progress, had a bad session, always working on the same old stuff. But then I have a lesson that I really enjoy and forget about quitting. If I really hated it, I would walk away, but that's never really the problem.

(For the record, I can't spin at all, not even a two foot spin. Gave up trying ages ago, but it wasn't a major goal of mine either, so it doesn't actually both me)

Offline Loops

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 112
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2015, 01:39:20 AM »
Good to hear!

@Loops, to your comment about just stroking feeling great I want to retell a little story.  I was doing a Black Diamond class last summer and after our on ice lesson we had half the rink for practice and there was one of the more senior coaches arm in arm with a gentleman that looked to be at least in his 80's and he looked to be Parkinsonian.  The coach was literally just gliding him around the ice!  It so touched me and I thought I hope someone does that for me one day if I can't do it myself!  They guy's skates were pro.  He looked familiar but I don't know who he was.  It was just so lovely.

That's so beautiful!