You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: New Anime (animated) Series about Ice Skating  (Read 4280 times)

Offline PrettySk8Dress

• Twin Tails SilverGray
  • Zamboni Driver
  • Total GOE: 8
  • Adult Ice Dancer / USFS Pre-Sil & ISI Dance 6
    • Ponytails' Website ( I am Xylo,TheCarouselPony )
New Anime (animated) Series about Ice Skating
« on: September 23, 2016, 08:01:03 PM »
A new anime ( animated ) series featuring Figure Skating, called " Yuri on Ice ", will premier on Japanese Television in October 2016. It may eventually be sub-titled in English and made available for viewing in the United States and other English speaking countries. Below are two trailers for the series---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh-Olq7caGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T8PYq0cRF8

"The show's story revolves around Yuuri Katsuki, who carried all of Japan's hopes on his shoulders to win at the Gran Prix Finale ice skating competition, but suffered a crushing defeat. He returns home to Kyushu and half feels like he wants to retire, and half feels like he wants to continue ice skating. With those mixed feelings swirling inside him, he confines himself inside his parents house. Suddenly the five-time consecutive world championship ice skater Viktor Nikiforov appears before him, and along with him is Yuri Plisetsky, a young Russian figure skater who is already defeating his seniors. Viktor and both Yuris take up the challenge on an unprecedented Gran Prix series."

This is the official website for the series, but it is all written in Japanese. However, I was able to get Google to translate part of it into English---

http;//www.yurionice.com
" Put all of our dreams and wishes into these Twin Tails;
Just like how we live by our streaming hair;
With Red Courage;
And Blue Love;
And Yellow Hope to draw strength from ...."

I'm Ponytails, a Twin Tail.
When I transform and take the ice, I shout," TAILS ON " !

Offline mjebos86

• Ice Warrior
  • Total GOE: 5
Re: New Anime (animated) Series about Ice Skating
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 12:22:03 PM »
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but I just started watching this series and it's funny and kind of ridiculous and I love it!! :)

Offline skategeek

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 260
  • or is that geekyskater?
Re: New Anime (animated) Series about Ice Skating
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 12:45:23 PM »
 :)  I got partway through a while ago but didn't have time to finish it.  It's available on DVD here now finally so I bought it and still haven't had time to finish but I liked it a lot so far.