You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Riedell 133 standart guard  (Read 2892 times)

Offline magna

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 0
Riedell 133 standart guard
« on: November 30, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »
Dear Members,

I already recieve riedell 133 with blade but the blade is sapphire, not quest onyx, and after i ask to seller they tell me "the quest onyx has been recalled because the silver plating was pelling off all the blade" thats right ?

I see the screw have bad installed ike the picture, the seller tell me thats factory mounted and thats normal, thats right ?

i want change blade to crescent or volant, thats model is good for beginner ( ISI Alpha lv ) ?
thanks

regards

handy

Offline RosiePosie.iskates

• Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 37
Re: Riedell 133 standart guard
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 06:51:06 PM »
If that's what the manufacturer told you, then that should be correct. Was it Riedell that you asked or some other retailer?

I think that the volant blade would be a little much for ISI Alpha. It has a somewhat larger toepick, which might get in the way when learning things. But for now, I think that the Sapphire blades will work just fine for you!  :)
Don't practice it until you don't do it wrong, practice until you can't do it wrong.

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 59
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 07:09:26 PM »
I think Sapphire is a better blade.  We had the Onyx and it did peel.  It doesn't cause any problems, it's just cosmetic. 

Offline chowskates

• Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 33
    • ChowSkates
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 01:15:01 AM »
Riedell is replacing the Onyx with the Astra blades (part of the Eclipse blades series). The 133 are now be shipping with the Astra. The Sapphire blade is a lower grade blade.

I have seen some Onyx blades that have peeled, and as hopskipjump said, it was just cosmetic.

Incidentally, the 133 are plastic soles, so it is not so straightforward to change blades.

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 12:24:11 AM »
Yup, the Onyx on my 133s peeled too. It wasn't really much of a problem, just a cosmetic one. I think your current blades will last you until FS 1. :)