You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Leg warmers  (Read 2282 times)

Offline Andrea.Spencer-Kemler

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 3
Leg warmers
« on: September 03, 2017, 06:51:45 AM »
Best leg warmers to wear with leggings are skates? Our rink is not insulated and in Michigan, where it can be like 20 degrees in there, I'm looking for non-bulky ways to keep the lefgs and ankles warm!!

Offline amy1984

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 14
Re: Leg warmers
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 04:47:06 PM »
I don't have leg warmers but I have a pair of mondor fleece lined tights that are great for cold rinks.

Offline icepixie

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 16
    • My skating entries at Dreamwidth
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 07:28:53 PM »
Get yourself some fleece-lined leggings or tights, then put another pair of yoga pants of similar over them.  I have some of these from Cuddl Duds.  Unfortunately, I bought them so long ago I can't remember which of the styles on that page I have.  But I got them in person at Wal-Mart, so if you have a big box store near you, right about now they should start putting them out and you can feel them to see how heavy/fleecy each style is.

Offline Ethereal Ice

• Prerotation Society
  • Total GOE: 13
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 08:21:42 PM »
I don't know what brand they are, but I have several pairs of leggings warmers off Amazon that are generally advertised for ballet and are inexpensive. They have kind of a scalloped end and a straight end. I take the scalloped end and stretch it down over the back 2/3 of my boots, only my toe is exposed. I also wear fleece lined tights, and they are not enough. I pretty much always wear leg warmers when I skate, otherwise my lower legs and feet get cold.

Offline Sam_Bryant

• Zamboni Driver
  • Total GOE: 10
    • Skating Experience Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 10:30:07 AM »
One of the few things the ladies get that make me jealous! Leg warmers always look so darn comfy!

That being said, I've heard really good fleece-lined tights keep the cold at bay quite well!
Check out my blog as an adult getting back into figure skating! All input is appreciated ^_^

My Blog