You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Edea arch pain  (Read 3209 times)

Offline mnrjpf99

• Diamond Blocking
  • Total GOE: 4
Edea arch pain
« on: August 25, 2017, 08:12:10 PM »
So I have been wearing my Edea Ice Fly's for a good close to 3 months now. So far so good, but I have arch pain more often than not. Sometimes the pain goes away after about 10 minutes or so and other times the pain lingers. Any idea's on what mite minimize the pain?

Offline tothepointe

• Dust Bunny Hopping
  • Total GOE: 5
Re: Edea arch pain
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 04:45:13 PM »
Is your boot moving in the boot at all causing your arches to have to compensate?

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 08:41:04 PM »
More data needed! Arch pain is very unspecific.

E.g., when does the arch pain start? Immediately upon putting the foot in the boot? After and while you put weight on it? A few minutes after you start skating? Many minutes after you start skating?

Have you tried putting stuff under the arch - e.g., tape or adhesive foam underneath the insole, directly under the arch?

Have you tried putting stuff everywhere else - e.g., tape underneath the insole, everywhere but the arch?

Have you tried removing the insole?

Is the pressure of the boot all over your foot uniform? (Most people feel it should be light or non-existent next to and in front of the toes, but roughly equal everywhere else?

Are you using muscle to prevent the boot from edging to the inside? (Continuous excess muscle use makes you sore.)

Are you using muscle to prevent the boot from edging to the outside?

Are you using muscle to prevent the blade from rocking too far forwards?

Are you using muscle to prevent the blade from rocking too far backwards?

Is there a part of your foot that looks red or otherwise looks different after skating? (Maybe because your foot is slipping there.)

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 103
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 11:24:38 PM »
Are you using the stock Edea insoles? I found they caused arch pain as they didn't support my foot so replaced them with Superfeet and the pain stopped.

Offline mnrjpf99

• Diamond Blocking
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 08:24:01 PM »
The pain starts after skating for about 10 minutes. Sometimes it subsides after a while and sometimes it lingers through out my session.
I ended up removing the insoles because I needed room for my feet, in the toe box area. I did however cut a spare pair of insoles just ahead of the arch, but that didn't really help much with the arch pain.
I have not tried to cushion the arch area yet and have not tried Super feet either. I can try Super feet and maybe cut them the same way I did the other insoles so I have more room in the toe box and maybe relieve the arch pain. These boots just barely fit even though I have widened them and are just over the right size, but not to over sized according to Edea sizing.

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 103
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 11:52:51 AM »
It's worth trying Superfeet as they have a "refund if they don't work for you" guarantee even if you cut them to size, although it's worth checking with the store first as some don't honor that.

Offline mnrjpf99

• Diamond Blocking
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 06:04:28 PM »
Thank you Christy. I will try them out!