You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Audrey King Weisiger's Podcasts  (Read 1960 times)

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
Audrey King Weisiger's Podcasts
« on: November 09, 2012, 08:46:39 AM »
I heard about this last week, but I've been traveling, so sorry to post it after the fact.

Audrey King Weisiger is doing a live podcast each week on Sparq1.

It will be every Wednesday at noon, ET, and with a repeat at midnight.

It started this past Wednesday (11/7/2012) but the wordpress site says they will put archives online for on-demand access after each podcast.

Listen Live: http://sparq1.wordpress.com/

Archives: http://www.voiceamerica.com/show/2149/sparq1
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
Re: Audrey King Weisiger's Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 08:55:49 AM »
First episode (11/7) is entitled "Supporting or Submarining"

Tune in to the first ever SPARQ1 episode featuring nationally renowned sports psychologist Caroline Silby as we talk about the role of parents in sports. We will also have a chat with Allison Scott, mother of Olympian Jeremy Abbott. The episode will also contain the regular segments including Meet your Mentor (guest profile), Sports Granny (my mom’s outlook on the week’s sporting events), SPARQ (listener interaction), the Even Dozen (12 tips from the guest), What Did We Learn Today (a chance to win prizes) and Get Fired Up (a final word from Audrey)

Next week's episode (11/14) is entitled "Moment of Truth"

11/14/2012: Moment of Truth. Can you do what you are supposed to do, when your name is called? Coming Soon

Join Audrey Weisiger and her special guests, Olympic Champion and TV producer Christopher Dean, Olympian Michael Weiss and aspiring Olympian Kate Charbonneau as they discuss how they dealt with the pressures of being able to deliver the performance when it counts the most, and how that has impacted their lives in other ways. Plus hear the courageous story of John King, and his moment of truth, as a plane crash survivor, who became a hero when he rescued victims of a deadly plane crash.

-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright