You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

On the Ice > Sitting on the Boards Rink Side

Dance Walking => Skate Walking

<< < (2/2)

AlbaNY:

--- Quote from: Query on August 18, 2022, 09:40:34 PM ---It used to be that you could sometimes walk around dangerous areas by talking to yourself, because no one wants to bother a crazy person - they aren't sure what you are going to do.

But now that cell phones with ear-mounted headsets are common, that's not crazy enough.

Maybe dance walking is.

--- End quote ---
:laugh:  This perhaps explains some of the very quirky stuff I've seen around a... flavourful... part of a nearby city.  (I hard a hard time deciding on the right word there, but I'll go with flavourful since the variety of food is excellent and tasty.)

I'd feel crazy trying to dance walk.  I don't dance.  Okay, it's been a good 15 years trying to just work up the nerve to dance a tiny bit, self consciously, to music I like at venues for such things.  I barely do now but found skating helped my confidence recently. 
At the rink I occasionally find myself doing one move or another more enthusiastically if a song I enjoy plays. 
On the street?  Not me!   :laugh:

I admire those with a feel for music and the confidence to do their thing.   :love:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page