You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: off ice Ina Bauer and Spread Eagle  (Read 17545 times)

Offline Sierra

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 97
Re: off ice Ina Bauer and Spread Eagle
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 06:25:01 PM »
Are you looking in the direction of travel or are you looking down at your feet?  In order to stay on an outside edge, it really helps to pull your leading shoulder back and look over that shoulder in the direction you're headed.
I tried that yesterday. I could kinda do one then. But I went on a curve and Bauers are supposed to be straight. :bash

Offline Doubletoe

• Three-Penny Three-Turns
  • Total GOE: 139
Re: off ice Ina Bauer and Spread Eagle
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 03:08:16 PM »
I tried that yesterday. I could kinda do one then. But I went on a curve and Bauers are supposed to be straight. :bash

You need to make sure you are pushing off onto a deep outside edge to begin with.  Try to push off at a 90-degree angle with your leading leg deeply bent and foot turned out as much as possible, looking over your leading shoulder.  For an Ina Bauer, hold that deep forward outside edge with your free leg extended behind you and free foot turned out before placing it down onto the ice behind you.  As soon as you place your free foot down, push your weight back onto it.