You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Best of Tara & Johnny  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Neverdull44

• Making the Ice Cake
  • Total GOE: 120
Best of Tara & Johnny
« on: January 30, 2016, 05:56:15 PM »
After watching this year's Nationals, someone has to make a "Best of Tara & Johnny."   They were hysterical.  Something out of Pitch Perfect.  Innuendo City.

Offline trixietoes

• Axelicious!
  • Total GOE: 0
Re: Best of Tara & Johnny
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 04:52:58 PM »
Yes, such insightful comments such as  "Great Ladies Event, huh ? " ( direct quote )

Bring in Tanith full time. I see Scott is back.

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 12:15:13 AM »
The European Figure Skating Championships displayed on U.S. TV with somewhat more informative sportscasters. But Tara and Johnny really know how to put on a show, and clearly have had staying power.

Perhaps that says something about the U.S. national character. Maybe Europeans just want the facts, but Americans want to be entertained.

Offline trixietoes

• Axelicious!
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 09:58:44 PM »
It is not their role to "put on a show". It is their role to comment on the show.

Staying power ? This is their second year.  Mr.Button and Ms.Flemming had at least  40 years on ABC.

This may be what NBC thinks the American skating fan wants. Seems like some adjustments have been made after last year...Scott is back.

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 10:05:05 AM »
I have to say that their physical interaction makes me uncomfortable.  I get that they're buddies and like to hug and touch each other.  I get that they're trying to create a relaxed setting.  Still, her rubbing her hand on his thigh while analyzing the skaters with Terry Gannon just seems inappropriate and unprofessional for what is really a workplace setting. I feel sorry for Gannon having to share the stage with them.

Tanith makes smart and insightful remarks.  Scott's improved a great deal since he was last behind the microphone.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com