You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Ice Vault in Wayne, NJ is looking for more coaches to teach LTS  (Read 3715 times)

Offline CrossStroke

• Administrator
  • Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 50
Ice Vault in Wayne, NJ is looking for more coaches to teach LTS
« on: September 09, 2017, 09:22:11 PM »
I'm posting this at the request of Karen, the skating director at Ice Vault in Wayne, NJ.  She is looking for more coaches to teach Learn To Skate classes - if you live in the area and are interested - contact Karen at (973) 628-1500 or by e-mail KarenC@icevault.com

Both experienced coaches and those who would like to start teaching are welcome to apply.

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Re: Ice Vault in Wayne, NJ is looking for more coaches to teach LTS
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 03:39:30 PM »
I'm posting this at the request of Karen, the skating director at Ice Vault in Wayne, NJ.  She is looking for more coaches to teach Learn To Skate classes - if you live in the area and are interested - contact Karen at (973) 628-1500 or by e-mail KarenC@icevault.com

Both experienced coaches and those who would like to start teaching are welcome to apply.

I coached at Ice Vault when it first opened, before I relocated.  It's a beautiful facility and very busy.

Karen should think about reaching out to students at local colleges - many of them taught LTS before they went away to school.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline CrossStroke

• Administrator
  • Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 50
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 05:07:59 PM »
Ice vault lost a lot of junior and regular LTS coaches this year because they either went away to colleges out of state, or graduated and got full time jobs  ;D

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 05:53:39 PM »
Same thing happened in our area, but the skaters who moved to this area to attend college helped fill the gap last year.  That's why I suggested the idea.

The downside to using HS or College skaters for LTS is that you have to be really flexible with scheduling or they'll just quit.  By the same toke, it bugs skating families to have a different instructor each week on a group lesson, especially if they have different passing standards.
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright