You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Skating in costume for Halloween?  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Meli

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 25
Skating in costume for Halloween?
« on: October 06, 2013, 06:43:29 PM »
Being that I saw an ice tourist skating in a full Superman cape today (which is not too glamorous when you don't actually know how to skate, btw), I'm curious if anyone is dressing up or accessorizing for Halloween week skating.

Since my group class is at the same time as the kid classes, I think I might whip up a skirt from some fabric I saw that had purple foil spider webs on it.  I have purple leggings to wear underneath it, so I might as well go for it.  I might sport it for the publics the weekend before too... we'll see how bored I am.

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: Skating in costume for Halloween?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 08:43:40 PM »
I've skated as the Personification of Death in three ice shows. Costume skeleton legs, costume skeleton chest, costume skeleton gloves.  I wear an old style hockey mask from the 70s.  5 minutes and I'm ready to go. But so far, no rink I know of locally is having a Halloween public on Thursday night. Wait until Friday or Saturday and it's just silly. The Saturday before and it's too early.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 09:02:15 PM »
I attempted to wear my son's creeper costume (minecraft) last year since we were "required" to wear a costume for LTS.. and to put it mildly it was entertaining, but I wouldn't wear anything over my head again that restricts my field of vision.  I was teaching snowplow and very nearly got taken out a few times because I just couldn't see :)

This year.... I am dressing up as a bottle of hot sauce.  Lame, but all I need is a shirt and a hat :)

Offline AgnesNitt

• Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 09:18:12 PM »
Not to skate, but I once dressed up as an X-ray of an inflamed appendix for Halloween. Xray style T shirt then a condom stuffed with red tissue and a glow stick pinned in the lower right quadrant. It was the only time my Halloween costume was a success.  Probably too intellectual for public skate though.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Total GOE: 189
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 10:59:00 PM »
I taught LTS a few years as the Statue of Liberty, wearing a foam crown, long gown and carrying my  clipboard disguised as the tablet.  The torch was too awkward, so I just set it atop a cone.  The costume was made for my older daughter and the torch was a masterpiece with filigree, flashlight and little plastic tourists.

Haven't thought about my costume this year.  Probably take the easy way out and go as McGonagill for the 6th year in a row.

I'm looking forward to the Homecoming football game because the band dresses up in costumes.  Each section has its own theme, like "Alice in Wonderland."  With two kids in different sects, it should be fun.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 09:08:05 AM »
I volunteer with Gliding Stars and I'm not sure if we are having a Halloween day, but I decided if we do I'm just going as Katniss from the Hunger Games since I have that costume still from last year. For Halloween night my friends and I are going out and I'm going as a vampire, but I don't want to be wearing those teeth on the ice while I'm skating with kids. Haha.