You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: My first Japanese fansub - Yuzuru Hanyu documentary  (Read 2235 times)

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
My first Japanese fansub - Yuzuru Hanyu documentary
« on: January 24, 2013, 11:11:13 AM »
Just uploaded my first fansub on Youtube! :D I'm studying Japanese and since I couldn't find any existing translation of the documentary at that time, I decided to just sub it myself. Took me days to finish this. I'm sure there are some mistakes, but I'm happy nevertheless that I can understand most of it!

If any of you speak Japanese fluently, I would appreciate it if you could let me know any mistakes/those parts which I didn't understand! Thank you in advance!

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
Re: My first Japanese fansub - Yuzuru Hanyu documentary
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:07:13 PM »
Wow I am so impressed!! They speak so fast! Thank you for translating and uploading, tons of work!

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
Re: My first Japanese fansub - Yuzuru Hanyu documentary
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 04:28:41 AM »
Wow I am so impressed!! They speak so fast! Thank you for translating and uploading, tons of work!

Thanks jjane!

It literally took me days to translate this, and a few more days to add the timestamps! They speak really fast and in fact I had to slow down and repeat portions of the video just so I could understand what they are saying (and Yuzuru's diction isn't very clear -- I often couldn't understand him!). It was a very ambitious project on my part, as my level of proficiency is not that high (I was checking the dictionary for almost every sentence!). Still, it was a very rewarding experience and well worth my time, especially since it was a chance to let the English-speaking world know more about Yuzuru. ;D