You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Who has seen you skate?  (Read 2812 times)

Offline FSWer

• Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 1
Who has seen you skate?
« on: September 16, 2010, 09:45:27 PM »
Ok...I don't think we've ever talked about this before. But when you've gone to the Rink to skate..who has come to see you skate? For me it's...

My Mom,my Staff,and a friend.

Anybody else?

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
Re: Who has seen you skate?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 09:47:18 PM »
My beloved DH has spent more time in ice rinks (outdoors, nonetheless) watching me than anyone else other than my kids.  My kids mock me mercilessly, lol.

My favorite "audience" was the guys from my office in midtown manhattan who came to cat-call their sweet little trainee during her lunch hour.  When I skated at Rock Center.  They conned a bunch of innocent bystanders into thinking that I was "a somebody." 
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline phoenix

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 74
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 10:30:10 PM »
2 years ago when AN was in Grand Rapids, my mom, aunt and sister came to watch me skate (they live nearby). That meant a lot to me.

Offline sk8Joyful

• Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 72
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 10:40:25 PM »
My beloved DH has spent more time in ice rinks (outdoors, nonetheless) watching me than anyone else other than my kids.  My kids mock me mercilessly, lol.

My favorite "audience" was the guys from my office in midtown manhattan who came to cat-call their sweet little trainee during her lunch hour.  When I skated at Rock Center.  They conned a bunch of innocent bystanders into thinking that I was "a somebody." 
Well, if you're half-ways as good on the ice, as you are in providing all these Helpful videos, & skate-Clinics, & positive Encouraging you continually provide here, then you are "a somebody" as a Skater... too, no doubt. - Thank you!

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 08:14:49 AM »
Just friends. Mom only saw innocent videos. She will ban me from skating if she finds out about the dangerous part involved :sweat

Another question for me is whom to invite when shows come up without embarrassing myself? This year I will skate with girls just a fraction of my size and age, fingers crossed that costume is tolerable...

Offline Sk8Dreams

• CER-B
  • Quintuple Salflutzchow
  • Total GOE: 70
  • On Edge
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 02:07:07 PM »
When my best friend visited from CA, she came to the rink with me when I was having an ice dance lesson and she watched it.  She had never seen me skate before and she loved it.
My glass is half full :)