You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012  (Read 2941 times)

Offline irenar5

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 61
WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012
« on: February 29, 2012, 03:34:08 PM »
Here is a channel that appears to have some video from the competition. Right now they have qualification rounds, but perhaps there will be actual competition footage later??
http://www.youtube.com/user/Direktor40

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 59
Re: WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 02:25:12 PM »
Great!  I am hoping ISU puts up at least the finals.

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 02:27:12 AM »

Offline irenar5

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 61
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 03:06:25 PM »
These junior competitors can give senior ones a run for their money!   What amazing skating!  Julia Lipnitskaya is incredible, what a gem!   

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 01:01:25 AM »
It was a lot of fun to watch the videos that came out.  It would have been better to see all the skaters more easily though! 

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »
Gracie Gold was amazing! I see her as a contender in the 2014 Olympics -- reminds me of Kim Yu Na, both in her physique and technique. Gee, she might even be better! Loved her Ina Bauer going into the triple lutz.

Offline karne

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 09:19:30 AM »
It was the boys that excited me!

I'm not usually attracted to American men - their jump technique is too often  :-\ and I've just never been a fan of the overall style.

But I am SOLD - absolutely SOLD - on Joshua Farris and Jason Brown. They were just magical.  :love :love :love I absolutely cannot wait to see these two take on the Senior circuit. So good already and only 17! (and both totally cute and adorable!)

My only fear is that people will try and push them into being rivals, instead of the friendly relationship they have now. Already I've seen some comments about them being "Johnny and Evan Mark II" and although I can understand the Jason=Johnny thing, if Evan could skate half as beautifully as Joshua can there would be a lot less complaints about Evan's skating!
"Three months in figure skating is nothing. Three months is like 5 minutes in a day. 5 minutes in 24 hours - that's how long you've been working on this. And that's not long at all. You are 1000% better than you were 5 minutes ago." -- My coach

ISA Preliminary! Passed 13/12/14!

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 11:38:46 AM »
I've met Jason Brown - he is the nicest kid.  He must have been exhausted at the conference I attended, with the on-ice demos and exhibitions he did all week.  Yet, he made eye contact and smiled at everyone he saw, he signed autographs and talked to the kids at the mall rink.  He was such a good sport about being cajoled into doing triples on the harness.  He'd be about as convincing in a rivalry as Lysacek and Weir were, roflol!  I wouldn't worry about that nonsense - it's just a bad TV producer's idea of sensationalism.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline karne

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 06:26:00 AM »
I've met Jason Brown - he is the nicest kid.  He must have been exhausted at the conference I attended, with the on-ice demos and exhibitions he did all week.  Yet, he made eye contact and smiled at everyone he saw, he signed autographs and talked to the kids at the mall rink.  He was such a good sport about being cajoled into doing triples on the harness.  He'd be about as convincing in a rivalry as Lysacek and Weir were, roflol!  I wouldn't worry about that nonsense - it's just a bad TV producer's idea of sensationalism.

Hahaha, always good to hear. So far I've basically heard from people who've met both of them that they're nice kids who wouldn't hurt a fly!

I guess I'm just a bit antsy about it with seeing the Weir/Lysacek rivalry hyped, and sitting on the fence of the Yagudin/Plushenko rivalry...

I'll just hold out for a heap of Artur/Josh/Jason podiums in the not so distant future  ;D
"Three months in figure skating is nothing. Three months is like 5 minutes in a day. 5 minutes in 24 hours - that's how long you've been working on this. And that's not long at all. You are 1000% better than you were 5 minutes ago." -- My coach

ISA Preliminary! Passed 13/12/14!