You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Extreme G2C  (Read 4786 times)

Offline falen

• Pairs Partner
  • Total GOE: 8
Extreme G2C
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:14:53 PM »
Has anyone had thier kids do the week long seminar?  If so, can you tell me a typical daily schedule.  I know it will be different here but just to get a flavor of what to expect.   

Offline twokidsskatemom

• Compulsory Figures
  • Total GOE: 17
Re: Extreme G2C
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 07:56:26 PM »
Has anyone had thier kids do the week long seminar?  If so, can you tell me a typical daily schedule.  I know it will be different here but just to get a flavor of what to expect.   
do you mean the week long camp in lake placid? Its really all day, mix of group, fs ice for lessons, off ice ect.I think most of the days my kids went from 7am to 6 or 7 pm. They ate dinner with the campers but didnt stay overnite since we had a hotel.
They had 5 groups of skaters last year, from non test to senior.

Offline MadMac

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 38
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 10:29:05 PM »
I think she is asking about Grassroots to Champions (G2C).
I'm no help though, sorry.

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 10:57:23 PM »
The Grassroots to Champions seminars vary from site to site depending on the staff and the club's direction.  If you look at their calendar of events, several of the sites have their flyers or agendas linked.  Some clubs only bring in one or two coaches, others bring in four or more, so no one can say specifically what the schedule will be at your facility.

http://grassrootstochampions.com/calendar.htm

This year's super camp is going to be in Lake Placid, NY.  I don't know if this will be their first time there with a supercamp, so maybe that's part of the confusion?

http://grassrootstochampions.com/images/G2C_2012_Super_Camp_Flyer_Lake_Placid.jpg
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline twokidsskatemom

• Compulsory Figures
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 01:06:33 AM »
I think she is asking about Grassroots to Champions (G2C).
I'm no help though, sorry.

its in Lake placid this year, and we  have been to  it &)That is why I answered her.The other seminars are a day or so, I dont think any has a week but the Supercamp. This is the third year.
This is the first year at lake placid, they move from year to year. Last year outside Boston and year before in Minnesota.They have to have a double rink with dorms.
The groups take turns being super early, but it really is a jammed camp.
Hope that helps.

Offline MadMac

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 38
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 07:49:01 AM »
What a fabulous location for this camp! I LOVE Lk Placid and this looks like an excellent camp. I think I would be the first one there if I were a young skater. Reports please, if you decide to go.

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 59
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 08:54:59 AM »
There is also an extreme G2C in northern California.  I am just trying to debate if it would be helpful or to apply that expense to extra private lessons. 

Offline falen

• Pairs Partner
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 04:54:57 PM »
Yes i am talking about the week long thing in NY.  The flyer doesn't say much.  I am assuming it is different at each location, but I am wondering what the sturcture is like.  Is it group classes, if so about how many to expect, is there time for practice.  Is the practice supervised (does someone skate around during practice and give corrections if needed).

Thanks for any information.

Offline twokidsskatemom

• Compulsory Figures
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 10:24:54 PM »
There is also an extreme G2C in northern California.  I am just trying to debate if it would be helpful or to apply that expense to extra private lessons.  
As I said, she has one or two day camps all over.She only has one week long camp and this year it is in lake placid. She runs the one week camp, the other are all paid for by clubs and or coaches.Most of her seminars only have one or two coaches. Her week long camp has 10 coaches, off ice folks and so on.
Her one week isnt like the one or two day seminars.
She has a mix of group and freestyle ice.No, no one gives corrections during it. It would be like the fs ice at your rink, either lessons or practice.They have off ice classes, classes in music. If I can find my schedule from last year I will give you more information.

Offline falen

• Pairs Partner
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 09:59:52 PM »
As I said, she has one or two day camps all over.She only has one week long camp and this year it is in lake placid. She runs the one week camp, the other are all paid for by clubs and or coaches.Most of her seminars only have one or two coaches. Her week long camp has 10 coaches, off ice folks and so on.
Her one week isnt like the one or two day seminars.
She has a mix of group and freestyle ice.No, no one gives corrections during it. It would be like the fs ice at your rink, either lessons or practice.They have off ice classes, classes in music. If I can find my schedule from last year I will give you more information.

OOO thank you.  I would love to see a schedule.  i know, past perfomance is not indicative of future results (the stock broker me) but it would give a flavor of what was done in the past and hopefully it is somewhat similar.   It is a toss up between this and one a little closer, with russian coaches guesting.  The one closer is half the price and gives an agenda which seems really good.  I would like to be able to compare.

Offline Lutzsk8

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 05:27:29 PM »
My dd has done the day long seminars and the full camp.  They run quite similar, but the camp covers a greater breadth of topics.  The one suggestion I have is talk to your skater's coach about the technique they use.  G2C uses a great deal of the H D positioning, which reinforces her privates with her coach since he uses the same techniques.  I have seen skaters hop from camp to camp over several years and get very confused since they are told so many different things.

Dd will be in Lake Placid this year - just made the plane reservations today.

Offline Twizzler

• Beware the Bars of Death!
  • Total GOE: 1
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 07:49:34 PM »
I would love to see your schedule also.
also, have you used the Lake Placid camp housing at the school? is there transportation from the school dorm to the rink? any other info you can share would be appreciated.