You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Ever purchased from Little Coral?  (Read 2588 times)

Offline 1210

• Diamond Blocking
  • Total GOE: 7
Ever purchased from Little Coral?
« on: August 30, 2011, 10:26:03 PM »
Has anyone ever purchased from Little Coral? The prices on these dresses are just phenomenal, I feel like there must be a catch LOL!

http://www.littlecoral.com/-ice-skating-dress_c87?zenid=03a237c94e446289737dbea0ed2f756a

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
Re: Ever purchased from Little Coral?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:33:50 PM »
They also sell a lot on Ebay too (under several user names).  I've heard mixed reviews...mostly to do with the fact that the colors don't often match what you see on screen, usually that the skirt materials don't match the color of the body when they are shown to.  I've also heard that the fit can be inconsistent for the sizes given.

Offline aussieskater

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 52
Re: Ever purchased from Little Coral?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:09:37 AM »
They also sell a lot on Ebay too (under several user names).  I've heard mixed reviews...mostly to do with the fact that the colors don't often match what you see on screen, usually that the skirt materials don't match the color of the body when they are shown to.  I've also heard that the fit can be inconsistent for the sizes given.

I had a click through some of the dresses - they look very like the Chinese ebay ones which became all the rage about 2 years ago because they were/are so cheap.  I succumbed to a few Chinese ebay ones for my DD and me, and Sarahspins is spot-on about the colours not matching and irregular sizing.  Not only that, any crystals they use are extremely cheap and look it.

I'm not sure if these are the same dresses or come from the same factories. If they are, I learned that to get the best out of these cheap dresses, I have to:

*  mostly order a children's size (the cut really doesn't fit a grown adult).
*  order a style which has the skirt made out of the same fabric as the bodice/leotard, to eliminate the "skirt doesn't match" issue.
*  order a basic colour (black, navy, dark red, dark green).
*  order the dress unstoned (the Chinese ebay sellers generally agree to leave off the stones at no extra charge).