You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Theft at the Rink  (Read 21983 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Re: Theft at the Rink
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2012, 10:56:41 AM »
Is he sure they were really stolen?  Sometimes skaters put their old skates into the new skate box and carry/wear the new skates.  He should check his sales/inventory to make sure he really was robbed.

When my mother used to take me shopping at a *real* shoe store, they would always ask if I wanted to "(wear) the new shoes home."  If the skater went right out on the ice to try out the new skates, I could see them forgetting to come back for the box with the old skates.
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »
My old rink had two car thefts due to people leaving their keys and purses unattended during public session.

Offline AgnesNitt

• Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2012, 04:42:13 PM »
My old rink had two car thefts due to people leaving their keys and purses unattended during public session.

Two words: pocket plus
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline AgnesNitt

• Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2012, 06:51:05 PM »
We had 3 bags stolen at the rink in the last two days. That makes 5 that I know of this month. The rink has a lot of shortcut traffic from muggles, but I suspect muggles wouldn't bother. Skaters know the schedules and when people are on and off the ice during groups.

Anyway, one of the crew came out and told everyone and posted himself to keep an eye on stuff. Still, people were (blocked)ing "Why aren't there cameras!" Well, folks, there's that nice gentleman over there, looking out for you self absorbed, ungrateful people, why don't you go over there and thank him?

I thanked him. I was the only one.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline lilicedreamer

• Skate Nation
  • Ice Warrior
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2012, 08:03:53 PM »
At the ice rink I skate at I've not had a problem but my wallet and purse are in the trunk of my car, my keys are in my jacket or pants pocket, or sometimes in my skate bag, depending on how busy it is.  But really that's luck.

Alexandra