You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: John Wilson Gold Seal 9 1/4" used blades for sale  (Read 4863 times)

Offline JSM

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 39
John Wilson Gold Seal 9 1/4" used blades for sale
« on: March 12, 2014, 12:15:13 PM »
I have a used pair of John Wilson Gold Seal blades, size 9 1/4", for sale.  They were used for about 4 months before I switched to a smaller boot that needed a shorter blade.  They were sharpened 3 times, though I think my sharpener took a bit more off than necessary.  However, they still have a lot of life and multiple years left of skating in them!

They are currently DULL and will need a sharpening.

I'm asking $200 (negotiable), more than 60% off retail.  Includes screws and soakers for protection during shipping.

If there is any interest please let me know!  I can send/post pictures, as well as give you the info about where they were sharpened if you're serious.   :)

Offline CaraSkates

• Doing the Fiesta Tangle!
  • Total GOE: 367
Re: John Wilson Gold Seal 9 1/4" used blades for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 04:54:13 PM »
Oh how I wish they were a 10 1/4" blade....curse my long feet!
My Gold Seals have life left (used for 2 years so far) but if this were my size, I'd jump on it just to have a backup pair!

Offline JSM

• Freestyle Skater
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 12:59:41 PM »
Thanks for looking!  I'm having a hard time selling these locally because most of the kids who need this size aren't in advanced blades yet.  Those who are seem to need a 9 3/4" or longer. 

My boots are breaking down quickly (very quickly) and I'm just trying to figure out how to pay for new ones!  I can't find new/used ones in my size (split width, and I just hope I don't need customs!).

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 03:40:30 PM »
myskatingmall.com is great if you have not checked it out :)

Offline Kgoldstein

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 08:01:54 PM »
I have a used pair of John Wilson Gold Seal blades, size 9 1/4", for sale.  They were used for about 4 months before I switched to a smaller boot that needed a shorter blade.  They were sharpened 3 times, though I think my sharpener took a bit more off than necessary.  However, they still have a lot of life and multiple years left of skating in them!

They are currently DULL and will need a sharpening.

I'm asking $200 (negotiable), more than 60% off retail.  Includes screws and soakers for protection during shipping.

If there is any interest please let me know!  I can send/post pictures, as well as give you the info about where they were sharpened if you're serious.   :)
   Hello, do you still have the Gold Seal 9 1/4 blades?  if so, please email me @kgoldstein@qginc.com

Offline JSM

• Freestyle Skater
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 11:22:33 PM »
I just two days ago left the blades with my fitter, who found a local buyer.  I went to update this thread when I saw your reply.  Sorry about that!

Offline Kgoldstein

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 07:54:05 PM »
O.K.. Thank you for responding.