You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Am I spoiled or is the coach negligent?  (Read 7509 times)

Offline PinkLaces

• Flooping To The Beat
  • Total GOE: 27
Re: Am I spoiled or is the coach negligent?
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 11:38:59 PM »
Ugh!  I would be totally frustrated at this point if I were you.  You've taken a lot of good steps and he's still - frankly - a jerk. 

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 09:53:54 PM »
I am done. Withdrew from classes and communication with the skating director is escalating. Some people I talk to obviously have opinions but won't speak up to make a difference (or spoke to no avail), some don't know what's going on in class. No complaint in the last 6 months, really people?

Will get mini privates from a coach I respect, yeah!!! :D

PS: fortunately I remembered to bring the footwork diagram, no more epic confusions! Skating director said she will look into this.

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 10:12:51 PM »
Bravo - that took courage.  I didn't expect anyone else to speak up.  People like to vent, but no one wants to be labeled a "complainer."  Still, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so good luck!
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 08:49:04 PM »
This now has gone to the parties a couple levels up in hierarchy, and I should hear from them "in the very near future". Sigh, even though I am pretty immune to dirty looks, I dread my future a little bit.

I like what Xan recently said on her blog: "With apologies to JFK, ask not what your rink can do for you. Ask what you can do for your rink." Someone needs to do the dirty work.  >:(

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 10:31:10 AM »
Many thanks to FigureSpins and others for clarifying cheated brackets can indeed be 3 turns. I was totally thinking the only way for it to happen is to turn in the wrong direction. Ouch.

The phone call is due to family member illness alright, dropping my point on the bracket / 3-turn, but there is still everything else. Such an uphill battle even with a near-perfect case and really thick skin, no wonder others didn't even bother.