You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Jerry's dress sizing chart ?  (Read 1195 times)

Offline JSHalo

• Ice Warrior
  • Total GOE: 0
Jerry's dress sizing chart ?
« on: April 15, 2015, 11:04:19 PM »
Hello, all! I was looking at a Jerry's dress, and the size chart is a little weird (for me). I am 5'8" and about 150lbs, but all of my measurements fit within the parameters of the Jerry's size large seen on their sizing chart here:

http://www.jerryskate.com/sizing-chart.aspx

They say that height and weight are the most important, but the measurements for the XL are quite a bit bigger than what I measure - especially the bust and waist - I hit right in the middle of each of the Large measurements. What are your experiences on the actual fit of the dress vs. their sizing charts?

Thanks!
“At first everything is hard, next it becomes easier, then habitual, and only now does it have a chance to become beautiful.” - George H. Morris

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 103
Re: Jerry's dress sizing chart ?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 10:36:23 AM »
The most important measurement definitely is the Girth, and according to the Jerrys size charts the Girth on the L and XL is almost the same. I'm 5'6" and find the XL is too short in the body (it sounds like I'm much wider than you), which makes it extremely uncomfortable. I would definitely suggest trying their dresses before you buy.

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 10:25:11 PM »
I am 5'7 and about 160 (this fluctuates 5lbs either way), and Jerry's XL is also *way* too short on me, and I am even what I would consider "short" waisted.  FWIW I fall at the upper end of the Large measurements currently, and I wear a large in most brands now (and occasionally a medium).

I agree that if you can try on both that would be best - girth for most dresses (and leotards/dancewear) is really more important than the rest, as all of these garments are constructed with a fair amount of negative ease (meaning they are meant to stretch, often by quite a lot).

Offline JSHalo

• Ice Warrior
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 02:39:35 PM »
Thanks guys! Unfortunately I would have to order them online... there aren't any skate shops nearby. The closest one is 2 hours away, but the only dress brand they carry is Chloe Noel. But I would only be out shipping, anyway, as long as nothing happens to the dress.
“At first everything is hard, next it becomes easier, then habitual, and only now does it have a chance to become beautiful.” - George H. Morris