You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Mixing Czech Preciosa crystals with Swarovski crystals  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Live2Sk8

• Divot Maker
  • Total GOE: 29
Mixing Czech Preciosa crystals with Swarovski crystals
« on: May 05, 2014, 05:48:21 PM »
Hi, I am getting ready to crystal a skating dress and need to order more crystals.  I have some Swarovski crystals left over from previous projects (Blue Zircon AB in 20ss and Crystal AB in both 20ss and 34ss).  I don't have enough for the dress and was going to order Czech Preciosa crystals.  The majority of the crystals will be the new ones but I'd like to use up the Swarovskis as well (maybe 30 of the Blue Zircon ABs, about the same for each of the 2 sizes of Crystal ABs).  Will it matter that I am mixing 2 brands?

If it will matter, I might be able to concentrate the Swarovskis on the back of the dress.  Or I could just buy Swarovskis but I am trying to save money.

Offline pegasus99

• Homologating Quadrubles
  • Total GOE: 8
Re: Mixing Czech Preciosa crystals with Swarovski crystals
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 06:28:21 PM »
From 40 feet away it won't matter much. I'd say for color sake, bunch them by brand as much as you can, but sparkle-wise they are about equal for skating dresses. (Especially if you're going AB!)

Just my .02!