You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Whats in your figure skating bag? :D  (Read 27672 times)

Offline lutefisk

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 153
    • On Thin Ice
Re: Whats in your figure skating bag? :D
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2014, 12:00:13 PM »
I really like the Mcdavid hex cell elbow pads. They are much more flexible than volleyball pads. I use volleyball pads for my knees, mainly because I couldn't find the Mcdavid pads locally in XXL.  I found the elbow pads at Dicks Sporting Goods. I'm not sure of the model number and it isn't marked on my pads anywhere. I believe it is the 6515R.

Those look interesting.  I went on-line and see that McDavid has several different options for elbows plus lots of other protective gear.  Thanks.

Offline AlbaNY

• Chock Full of Lilty Goodness
  • Total GOE: 129
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2022, 03:09:24 PM »
I’m reviving an old thread again….  ::>)

I use a Thule bag that I think is meant for skiing and snowboarding now, but I have a pretty used Zuca back in NY (pink frame and peacock insert) and even tried using my carryon Zuca here once to save my back.  The Thule is pretty great actually, but it gets heavy when I tote Daughter’s stuff also.

Skates: custom Harlicks (well, custom for someone else with wonderfully similar feet to mine.)  Aspire blades.
Puffy silver to rainbow sequin guards that I finally am getting less self conscious about (had black or grey terry cloth before.  The puffy padding helps in a back pack.)
Cotton chenille washcloth for a quick blade wipe, and a grey microfibre cloth for final drying.
Foot spray.  Also Arm & Hammer boot spray.  Gods help me its not enough.   :'(
Edea guards.  Love these.
A pretty, free, Turkish airlines zip bag with two pairs of spare laces, gel sleeves (that I don’t actually use,) gel knee pads (yet to be used,) a pair of Edea gloves (that now that I finally used Do Not work with my phone  >:(  I definitely misread about that.)
Some other free airline zip bag with tea tree oil, a fancy tin of band aids, and Nexcare tape.  Oh, and cut bits of gel padding stuff.  Both zip bags could be left home since I never use their stuff, but… just in case!
Water, glasses, and sometimes a snack.
Hand sanitiser, a pack of spare masks, handkerchief, breath mints, GasEx, and migraine medication.
Several pairs of Mondor skate socks.  (Planning to try Thinnies too some time now that I heard of them.)

When Daughter skates add her Roces adjustable recreational things that I had to get since her feet were too small for better skates.
Puffy gold sequin soakers.  She loves them.  Matching sequin cloth that she oh so carefully wipes her blades with.
Tiny gloves. 
So many snacks, drawing supplies, and more water.

Offline Query

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2022, 04:09:06 PM »
I carry as little as I can, partly since had an extra light jacket that I really liked stolen at a rink. (In an upscale neighborhood at that.)

So no bag in the rink. Keys in a jacket pocket. If the session is at all crowded I might wear glasses to stop Covid containing spray, and carry lens cloth in the a zippered pocket.

If I might want a snack I carry it, or a little cash, in a jacket pocket too.

My only bag - a mesh shopping bag - is in my car. Sometimes it carries hand sharpening tools. Also first aid stuff (paper first aid tape and cloth first aid tape in case of bleed-through of the paper tape - though I haven't needed them in a long time. I sometimes keep a boot stretching tool there too.

I drink water while in the car. I'm mostly not athletic enough to need more. But sometimes I carry a cheap water bottle into the rink with me. I carry my shoes - though sometimes I just bring cheap flip flops into the rink, so they can't steal my shoes there.

Offline Kat

• Zamboni Driver
  • Total GOE: 19
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2022, 09:22:58 PM »
Skates
Soakers
Skate guards
Towel or washcloth to dry blades with
Knee and elbow pads
Socks (if I've worn sandals to the rink in summer)
Gloves
Earwarmer headband
My skating journal (where I have some exercises written down to consult)

As above, valuables don't go with me.  Sometimes I'll have a whole backpack I bring in; sometimes backpack stays in car (trunk) and a smaller bag has come in with me.  These days it's usually the whole backpack; the smaller bag doesn't hold any less, after all. 
"The only thing you have to be afraid of is to not fly."

Offline NVskater

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2022, 05:58:59 AM »
When I was twelve my skate bag was actually my old two ball bowling bag that I ripped the ball partition out of. Worked relatively well, mainly because my dad wouldn't buy me a Züca.

Inside that bag was...
Riedell skates (can't remember the model)
Soakers a skating mom made for all of us
One blue and one silver hard guard (Dallas Cowboys baby!)
A pair of junior sized golf rain gloves (I liked these better than regular knit gloves)
Large University of Hawaii golf towel for drying skates
Extra pair of sneakers in the shoe pocket (once forgot my shoes at the rink and had to explain that to my mom, thank goodness in HI there was a KMart across the street from the rink)
Money for food and emergencies
Random program CD'S
My best friend's house key and her practice wrap skirt (she got that back before I moved)

Now I'm 28 and about to start taking skating classes again.... I FINALLY GOT THE ZÜCA BAG!!!  Just ordered it tonight...

In that there will be...
Jackson Freestyles
Howie's soakers
Purple glitter hard guards
Probably one of the five gazillion bowling towels I don't use (pro tour freebies are awesome)
Reusable Gatorade bottle and the drink concentrate pods
Practice socks and performing socks
Fabric tape, benzoin tincture  and q tips
Probably crash pads and a pair of compression shorts to hold them on
And whatever ends up in my pockets after leaving work, usually x washers and pins, screws and my flashlight...