You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Crasche Middie material  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 103
Crasche Middie material
« on: December 28, 2014, 05:11:37 PM »
I got my Crasche Middie the other day and was surprised by how nylon-y the material was. According to the description it should have a 'soft cotton terry layer' next to the skin but it doesn't have that. The size is fine but when I tried wearing it at the rink it was sliding around when I was just skating slowly. Anything more and it was falling off  :(
Did I just get a defective one? I ordered the plain black - are the other colors / materials different?

Offline skategeek

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 260
  • or is that geekyskater?
Re: Crasche Middie material
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 06:10:49 PM »
The headband style or the cap?  I've got both.  The headband has the same material inside and out (acrylic; I got the blue polkadots) but has a ~6" strip of black material sewn into the front as well that's maybe a little more absorbent than the acrylic.  I haven't had a problem with it slipping but it's pretty snug.  The cap is knit material on the outside and on the inside there are just thin nylonish pockets that the hard plastic panels fit into; the foam (neoprene??) lining of the hard plastic is in direct contact with my head.  That one fits pretty snugly as well; I just don't like it as much for some reason.

Offline ChristyRN

• Salchow-a-Bunga!
  • Total GOE: 184
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 06:27:55 PM »
Mine is just nylon too. I expected to be something heavier. I haven't actually worn it on ice yet, so I don't know what it will do yet. 
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with one gorgeous redhead.  (Lucille Ball)

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 06:59:00 PM »
It's the headband style and there is a strip of something sewn inside but it seems to be the same nylon-y material as the rest. I was expecting the material to be cotton-y and heavier, like regular headbands.
The fit of the one I got is comfortable, but not snug. From the way it's slipping I'm guessing that a smaller one would probably slip more but maybe not given how stretchy the material is  :-\

Offline skategeek

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 260
  • or is that geekyskater?
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 07:11:07 PM »
I just checked and mine is a large (at least that's what I ordered; I can't find size info on the thing itself); my head measures 22".  Fits snugly enough that after a while my ears hurt a little where the band presses on my glasses.

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 08:06:23 PM »
I ordered Large as my head measurement was just over 22". The fit does seem to be ok, the problem is the slippery material.