You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Snoopy's Home Ice, Santa Rosa California  (Read 2875 times)

Offline ChristyRN

• Salchow-a-Bunga!
  • Total GOE: 184
Snoopy's Home Ice, Santa Rosa California
« on: August 12, 2018, 08:57:51 PM »
It's been on my bucket list since my daughter and grandson moved there three years ago.  I finally made it.

I went to the coffee club (two hours for $15) session. Large open area for changing with plenty of space to store stuff in cubbies with paid lockers if you felt the need. Very low benches in the changing area, no tables. Ice was fast and clean. Coffee club included an 30 minute lesson in one of three groups.  Restrooms were clean, snack bar area was warm with a fireplace (not that it was needed in July). Food/drink was reasonably priced.

Took the grandson to public. We discussed the need for a helmet for *hours*. He wore one against his wishes. They had one end coned off for bucket skaters. J started there, then we made several slow laps around. He decided that skating is harder than it looks. He did manage to skate from blue line to blue line under his own power. Claims I "tricked" him by skating just out of his reach. He did have a good time. Skate guards were present and involved--a good thing since there were two or three large day-camp groups there.
Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with one gorgeous redhead.  (Lucille Ball)

Offline Sibelius

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 1
Re: Snoopy's Home Ice, Santa Rosa California
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 04:16:08 PM »
We were there in early January (we live a couple of hours away).  It was a fun rink, the one thing my skater did not like was the changing colored lights on the public session.  She's a freestyler though and is out to work, not for fun, so it disturbed her. We didn't know it at the time, but if it's your birthday you can ride on the Zamboni.  It was my other (non skater's) birthday so she could have had a ride!  Maybe we'll go back again.  They bought me a little plastic Zamboni painted with Snoopy and Woodstock on the pond getting ready to play hockey on one side and the Peanuts gang skating on the other, same as the scene on the real Zamboni there.  It was a pretty cool place.  I wonder how the FS sessions are.