You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Blade prices  (Read 3577 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Blade prices
« on: February 19, 2012, 08:46:24 PM »
MDS Figure Skating (aka: tidewaterice.com) sent out an email tonight:

We now buy our MK and Wilson brand skate blades direct from the manufacturer in England. This agreement now allows us to sell these
high-end figure skating blades at the lowest prices ever.

We are now stocking Gold Seal, Gold Star, Pattern 99, Phantom, Coronation ace and Professional skate blades at guaranteed low prices.

See the figure skate blade section our website for the lowest prices ever on these high quality blades.

We also have the lowest prices on Mondor and Capezio tights. We will be happy to quote quantity discounts for your Spring shows and teams.

Their website says they'll beat any price on new blades. 

I purchased four pair of OTB/Clip tights for my DDs at christmas time and they did have the best price. 
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline MadMac

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 38
Re: Blade prices
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 07:52:37 AM »
Wow! This is a great price!
I have ordered from Tidewater Ice several times before and their service is always fast.

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 02:38:21 PM »
I've had a bad experience with Tidewater Ice.  They sent me the wrong product (Bunga Gel sleeves- which they were selling as Silipos Gel Sleeves.  That's like selling someone Pepsi but sending a Coke instead- it isn't the same thing, they aren't the same.  Bunga's are too thick for me and a previous experience with them put me off the ice for a month.  I purchased specifically because they said Silipos on their website) and refused to take responsibility for it. It ended with a credit card chargeback (which I warned them I would be doing if they refused a refund), which they contested.  It took months for me to get a refund (after returning the product!) and I only got one because I won the chargeback.

I had used them previously, so I was really disappointed, but their response was so poor I won't shop there again.

Offline SK8N

• Sour Cow Herd
  • Total GOE: 17
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 05:10:19 PM »
Coronation Ace blades are even cheaper at kinziescloset.com.  They are $160 vs. $165 at tidewaterice.com.  Didn't look at any other blades to see if anything else was cheaper.

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 10:53:16 AM »
Coronation Ace blades are even cheaper at kinziescloset.com.  They are $160 vs. $165 at tidewaterice.com.  Didn't look at any other blades to see if anything else was cheaper.

You can email tidewaterice and ask them to match the lower price.  Just compare shipping costs.  Some places list a really low price for the item, but their shipping costs more than make up the difference.

I've never had a problem with tidewaterice and I've ordered from them several times, but I've always gotten exactly what I ordered.
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline Query

• Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 04:43:29 PM »
Great resources!

Here are a few  more:

http://www.skate-buys.com
  http://shopmidwestskate.com
  http://www.northerniceanddance.com/
  http://www.ultimateskate.com/
  http://www.cozzisports.com/ (e.g., currently has some coronation ace on clearance for $100 +$15 shipping)

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 12:55:01 AM »

Most of their prices are cheaper.

I've ordered from them and emailed many times - they have superb customer service :)