You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Custom Harlicks vs. ?  (Read 1588 times)

Offline miraclegro

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 1
Custom Harlicks vs. ?
« on: March 22, 2012, 08:58:40 PM »
I have had the best luck with my custom Harlicks, however, I am having to start to look at getting another pair.  At $800 or more now, I am just asking if anyone has gone from custom Harlicks to something else and been satisfied.    I have a very narrow heel, and and a narrow foot with pronation issues (Ihave custom orthodics)...and my foot is a little bony-ish.....

Any suggestions?  shoulod I just bite the bullet (again) and go with Harlicks again?  Any stock boots that would work as well, or semi-custom?

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
Re: Custom Harlicks vs. ?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 10:30:01 PM »
How about Risports?

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:16:37 AM »
If you're in customs now and happy with how they fit it's probably best to pay a little more up front for something you know is going to work for you than to try to find something cheaper and end up not liking them... you'd be out much more in the end.

I didn't realize that Harlick had raised their custom prices so much... it seems like an abnormally large increase.

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
  • Location: An arena, of course. More specifically, a Canadian arena.
  • Total GOE: 143
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 06:21:40 AM »
I have had the best luck with my custom Harlicks, however, I am having to start to look at getting another pair.  At $800 or more now, I am just asking if anyone has gone from custom Harlicks to something else and been satisfied.    I have a very narrow heel, and and a narrow foot with pronation issues (Ihave custom orthodics)...and my foot is a little bony-ish.....

Any suggestions?  shoulod I just bite the bullet (again) and go with Harlicks again?  Any stock boots that would work as well, or semi-custom?

??? We just got our custom Harlicks; they were $685????? Yes, I saw the March 2012 repricing, but, that seemed to include most of the custom options available -and I think our pricing would have one up to $725????

Offline miraclegro

• Wobbling on new skates
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 07:19:49 AM »
I have gotten the asymmetrical feature where the tongue doesn't get shifted to the side as much, and that adds i think another $100?

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
  • Location: An arena, of course. More specifically, a Canadian arena.
  • Total GOE: 143
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 08:13:02 AM »
I have gotten the asymmetrical feature where the tongue doesn't get shifted to the side as much, and that adds i think another $100?

Hmmm ... that's a different one ... I haven't had any problems with tongue shifting.  We get the "posts" in the centre, and are very careful about how the tongues are "positioned" when they are not on the skates (centre them between the sides, loosely wrap the laces around to ensure the tongues stay positioned. We did the same thing with Klings, and never had the problem with tongues that others seem to have.  Would be interested to know how the asymetrical ones are constructed ... sounds intriguing ...

Offline miraclegro

• Wobbling on new skates
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 10:39:48 AM »
Sorry, it's not the tongues, it's where the laces go...each side is not symmetrical...One is placed differently....someone told me about theirs having it, and i thought it was a agreat idea and ordered it...I may have to opt out....i think it was more around $60 maybe, can't remember.  But Harlicks prices have indeed gone up....