You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: jump sequence explanations  (Read 6560 times)

Offline Schmeck

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 13
Re: jump sequence explanations
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 05:54:46 PM »
Great video, and very interesting history about skating! 

All I know is that figure skating was a lot more entertaining and exciting before it got strangled by IJS, at least in my opinion.  It's so bogged down in calculations that it muddles most people.  They just change the rules too much!  The numbers don't even really mean anything - which made me snort about Patrick Chan's 3 'guinness records'.  When a sport is based on subjective scoring, how can the numbers relate to anything outside that one competition, especially when the rules about scoring get changed every time anyone at ISU sneezes...

Offline techskater

• Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 64
Re: jump sequence explanations
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 07:45:48 PM »
I have never seen anyone do that (though in the era when lutz jumps always rotated the other way, I assume combinations that changed direction were common) but I cannot find the rule against it in the rulebook. 

It's not common, but people did do it!  Actually, Rohene Ward used to do a 2A+2A sequence in alternating directions and had up to 3Lz in both directions.  it wasn't worth it under IJS because they quality in his non-rotational direction was not as good.