You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Learn to Skate.What do you think it might be like (or might) have been like to..  (Read 1859 times)

Offline FSWer

• Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 1
o-K....This has been on my mind a lot and I thought I'd go ahead and post it. What I want to ask of you all today is...What do you think it may (or might) have been like to have gotten good enough in Learn to Skate to be in a Basic Skills Competition or Show? Also,who here even just WISHES it had happened to them? For the sec. part. I myself think of it all the time. When I go to the Rink and look at the pics. I surely wish I could have been skating with those kids. Or at least get that good. Anybody else?

Offline sk8Joyful

• Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 72
What do you think it may (or might) have been like to have gotten good enough in Learn to Skate to be in a Basic Skills Competition, or Show?
Hi there,
I have been Invited by skating-friends, who are always  :) positively Encouraging - I've told them: "Well, 1st. I need to get Enough  ;) skills for a cute little one-minute program, then I will". - (For adults with physical-challenges, I hear there is a "Special Skater" program that might help.)
The more I practice, the more I sing to myself pieces of music on the ice, & play-around with various moves to see how I could construct a Specific program; but since I have no Coach presently, it is not so easy... If you really WANT to, you can make it happen, FSW - Have fun... :)