You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Moving front of blade - advice needed  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 103
Re: Moving front of blade - advice needed
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2022, 04:37:32 PM »
Help me to understand why stuff would be so much more expensive in Canada. Is it mostly a shipping cost issue? - I notice there is no way to get from some parts of rural Canada to another by road - maybe they use small planes to deliver packages in low population areas. Especially since so many people skate in Canada - dealer's ought to be able to get quantity discounts, unless they are in low population areas.

Honestly I have no idea! I've lived in a number of countries and find prices in Canada insane, but if it's all you've ever known then I suppose you don't question it. There's so little choice and so few competitors in some markets that companies have a monopoly so charge as much as they can get away with. If people need something they'll pay the asking price, and not question it  88) The exchange rate probably doesn't help, but that's just an excuse because prices don't return to par if the exchange rate does. Mobile phone costs are outrageous, and they use the supporting rural locations excuse too.

Offline Kaitsu

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 44
Re: Moving front of blade - advice needed
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2022, 06:21:25 AM »
This is how Edea boots are looking under the insole. Lots of people are replacing Edea´s original insoles with Graf insoles which are giving more support for foot. Original insole is just flat "pancake".
Note that screw holes has not been drilled trough like they should be.

https://www.rollerderbyheaven.com.au/products/graf-anatomical-footbed
https://www.graffigure.com/en/inside-graf/grafskates-technologie/anatomy-of-the-graf-skate/